Grade Results Inc. complies with the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) to protect all student information released by district/school for educational purposes. We protect data by industry accepted standards. Grade Results Inc. further agrees:
- To only collect personally identifiable information that is provided by students while using the site, and the information provided by district/school.
- To collect non-personally identifiable information that is provided by IP addresses and cookies. This information is only used to improve our site and internal analysis.
- To prohibit sharing of student information that is provided for the specific, limited educational purpose, and intent stated in the agreement.
- To modify/limit student information from the consent of the district/school, specifically limited to the educational purpose of the contract. Data deletion may be requested by parents through the appropriate district personnel.
- To not retain student information in any manner (electronic or through any other media) after the stated educational purpose has been served.
- To limit student information to only those staff who have a legitimate educational need to access the information.
- To not disclose student information without the prior knowledge/written permission of district/school.
- To disqualify any party re-disclosing student information from receiving information in the future, and the third party shall be liable to damages of any nature and all legal costs.
- That personally identified information is used or shared only if required by law, such as but not limited to court order.
- That a log of all persons who have accessed the student information is maintained, and present this log to district/school upon request.
- That children under the age of 13 years need enhanced safeguards and privacy protection, as set forth in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA specifies the consent of parents/guardians for collection or use of any personal information of children under the age of 13. GRADE RESULTS complies with COPPA and receives personal information about children who are under the age of 13 strictly from their parents or guardians at the time those children are enrolled into a school using a GRADE RESULTS School Program. The only information received directly from children are the test answers, emails, and class discussions in the LMS as part of their education in a GRADE RESULTS School Program.
For information on COPPA and the use of children’s personal information, please contact:
GRADE RESULTS Legal Department
1316 Newport Dr,
Carrollton, TX 75006
As of January 1, 2016, the Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (SOPIPA) becomes effective in California. The law prohibits the sharing of student data and using that data for advertising. GRADE RESULTS complies with the law, and does not share information for non-educational purposes.
That anyone may read information provided through message boards, blogs, and chat rooms on our site. All information posted to a message board or chat room will be available to the other users of it, and is no longer private. This information is provided at your own risk, and though we may monitor the message, we cannot guarantee the security of such information.
To reduce unauthorized access and maintain effective data accuracy and use, we use SSL protocol on the accounts to protect any sensitive information, like credit card numbers.